Radon Mitigation Facts in South Florida's Hot, Humid Climate
This is a Radon Mitigation Educational Web, not a Sales Web.
In a Nutshell:
If you make the right choices NOW, you will Remain Happy and Care Free.
- FILTER Long Life
- Automatic Humidity Control
- Automatic Mold Prevention
- Easy Radon Level Adjustment
Air Intake Filter
Mold Prevention / Humidity Control
Many south Florida Condos still have concealed radon systems.
- how to find my ip address on windows 10 Generic Flagyl no prescription essay on the box how to write a great cover letter levitra porter https://www.cen.edu/notice/essays-for-the-novel-night/24/ https://www.sojournercenter.org/finals/ielts-essay-marking/85/ creative writing groups online best prices cialis canada https://teleroo.com/pharm/nolvadex-how-much-to-take/67/ https://eagfwc.org/men/government-paid-viagra/100/ board essay reminder get link http://hyperbaricnurses.org/11308-viagra-90-pills-x-100-mg/ https://carlgans.org/report/thesis-cancer-and-marijuana/7/ review essay of the hunger games do my homework for me please viagra frequency of use what would happen if girls took viagra natural disasters essay for 9 class https://bigsurlandtrust.org/care/buy-liquid-viagra-online/20/ where can i buy viagra online canada purchase cheap argumentative essays online esl rhetorical analysis essay ghostwriter services uk click how to write an illustration essay examples follow site enter https://servingourchildrendc.org/format/ethics-in-construction-industry-essays/28/ source https://statmodeling.stat.columbia.edu/movabletype/papers/outline-on-gay-marriages-for-research-paper.html click here FILTER A quality, low maintenance, factory-made air intake filter (MERV 13 or better)
- HUMIDITY CONTROLLER An automatic, electronic humidity controller to prevent mold
- TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER An automatic, electronic temperature controller to ensure that your fresh air system does not overpower your air conditioner during outdoor weather extremes. (works even in heating climates)
- RADON LEVEL ADJUSTMENT An easy and simple way of adjusting the radon level / ventilation rate
- RADON METER An electronic radon meter with audible alarm (no batteries)
- REJECT! A blue-oil-filled U tube manometer can give you totally false information when used with a fresh air radon system. The law should be rewritten to outlaw them in fresh air systems.
If you are Buying a Home in South Florida, and it has a Radon Problem, Go Ahead and Buy it
Radon can ALWAYS be fixed
(but some fixes will create mold, moisture, and comfort problems unless you manually turn the system off and leave it off most of the time. AUTOMATIC CONTROLS ARE BEST.)
The best time to fix Radon is AFTER closing
And the BUYER is the best person to select the MITIGATOR and the TECHNOLOGY (Always get 3 bids)
Make sure you get
- a long-life, easy to service MERV 13 or better air intake filter
- an automatic mold prevention humidity controller
- an easy-to-adjust radon level controller. Not every mitigator installs them.
- an electronic radon meter with audible alarm
Some systems are installed only to pass a two day test. Home-made filters, table lamp timers, no automatic mold prevention system. Passing a two day test to get you to the closing table is really easy. Preventing mold and allergies, etc. is not.
SmartVentilation's Educational Detail Web Continues Here:
If You Live in a Home in a Wild Fire Smoke Area, You Can Keep the Smoke Out by Doing This (Also Keeps Out Valley Fever Spores):
- The goal is to make your home as airtight as possible by sealing all openings and cracks in the home’s exterior. Yes, we know that this is exactly the opposite of the way western USA homes have been built for years. Your building code needs to be changed to keep wildfire smoke out of the homes.
- The idea is to pressurize your home to force wildfire smoke AWAY from cracks instead of sucking it IN through cracks. The old California theory was that if you suck outdoor in through cracks, the cracks would filter the smoke and pollutants out. Doesn’t work, never did. A first class filter MERV 13 or better will make all the difference.
- Use caulk to seal all cracks and Apply weather stripping to all doors and windows. Once your home is sealed, supply fresh air into the home through a filtered ventilation system only using a filter of MERV 13 or better.
- Disable all exhaust fans. You may wish to block them off to prevent them from bleeding off the pressurization that you are seeking to create.
- Make sure that the interior of the home is positively pressurized. During periods of bad smoke, it may be necessary to increase the speed of the ventilation air fan. A variable speed fan is wise and will allow precise adjustments for best success.
- Experience in SW Florida during everglades fires confirms the success of this approach using a MERV 14-15 filter to filter all air entering the home.. You will not even smell the smoke no matter how dense it may be outside. (so long as you keep all doors and windows closed.)
- DO NOT USE EXHAUST VENTILATION, EVER, EXCEPT AS SHORT RUN SPOT EXHAUSTS IN AREAS OF THE HOME WITH AIR POLLUTANT SOURCES
Essential Components for A Radon Mitigation / Mechanical Ventilation / WildFire Smoke Blocking Air Quality System
Air Intake Filter
Air Intake Filter? Because of outdoor airborne viruses, bacteria, red tide and blue green algae nerotoxins, mold spores, pollen, PM2.5, soot, the Environmental Protection Agency recommends a MERV 13 or better air intake filter to remove them all and to keep indoor air clean and safe. So we install a MERV 14-15 filter cartridge.
A factory made, long life MERV 14-15 rated filter will remove viruses, bacteria, PM2.5, radioactive particles, red tide and blue-green algae neurotoxins, wildfire smoke, soot, pollen, mold spores, even valley fever spores.
Servicing a Type III Internal Filter is Quick and Easy every 18-24 months under normal conditions. The filter will become surprisingly radioactive from trapped airborne PM2.5 particles, so the filter must be immediately sealed in a plastic bag, and hand washing is essential.
Got stuck servicing a homemade filter every two months?
Swap it out in 6 minutes or less and get a much better MERV 14-15 filter that is good for 18-24 months
Automatic Mold Prevention / Humidity Control
Fully Automatic Humidity Controller. A precision, automatic humidity controller measures indoor relative humidity minute by minute and in the event humidity rises above 60%, the ventilation system is automatically suspended temporarily.
Also includes a Radon Level Control to allow adjustment of radon levels with a jeweler’s screwdriver.
Radon Level / Ventilation Rate Control Quick, Easy and Accurate
Fully Adjustable Radon Level Control is easilly set with a small jeweler’s screwdriver, 1/4 turn at a time every 24 hours for precise and stable setting.
Radon Level Meter with Immediate Audible Alarm upon System Failure
Brand new 4th Generation plug-in radon meter (made in USA) will not need batteries and will provide accurate 7 and 365 day radon level reports and an immediate audible alarm in the event of system failure. The meter will allow accurate setting of the radon level adjustment. You may soon notice that heavy rain and high winds can temporarily double or even triple radon levels for a day or two. https://safeairstore.com
How can a Ductless System be installed from Indoors in a High Rise Building?
A Daisy Ductless can be installed on any floor of a high rise condo or apartment building that presents an exterior masonry block wall. Installation does not require any restoration whatsoever. Watch the Video and you will see how well it works. (Plug ‘n Play) https://safeairstore.com
How Can a Ductless System be Superior to every other Fresh Air System?
A Ductless System is Superior because it is adjustable to provide the precisely correct amount of outdoor air to correct the air quality issue / problem without creating a new moisture / mold / moldy odor / occupant comfort problem. (NO table lamp timer guesswork settings, no over-ventilation, no need for a new dehumidifier system) With only a constant trickle of fresh air, your air conditioner will not even know the difference. You won’t need a new dehumidifier. A Daisy will need to add only a precise 10-25 cubic feet per minute of outdoor air constantly to pressurize your breathing zone to block radon entry. Since your air conditioner is moving 800 to 1200 cfm, it will not even know the difference. Nor will you.
A Smart Radon System’s Fresh, Clean Air in the correct quantities will also deliver:
- Improved cognitive function from lower indoor CO2
- Improved sleep from lower indoor CO2
- Reduced allergy and asthma from outdoor trigger elimination
- A Delightful Fresh Air Sensory Impression free of indoor-generated odors like
- construction, painting
- new furniture, carpet
And not only that, but the indoor air quality can become excellent, even approaching that of the air in a hospital operating room for cleanliness, Even better than just about any home for miles around.
In South Florida, the primary source of radon is almost always the concrete building materials, usually the exterior “curtain walls.”
If the radon is above about 7.5 picoCuries per liter, “radon fountains” are also adding to the radon levels. Radon Fountains must always be sealed. It is extra work, but for the best result, it must be done..
A First Class Radon / Indoor Air Quality System will Include these beneficial features:
- Sealing of “Radon Fountains” if radon peaks rise above about 7.5 picoCuries per liter. Sealing “Radon Fountains” requires careful workmanship but will likely make installing a new dehumidifier unnecessary, preventing mold and saving thousands of dollars.
- A high-capacity, first-class factory-made air intake filter. MERV 13 or better, service life 12-24 month minimum, quick and easy to service
- A variable speed fan (salt spray rated) with EZ speed control to allow airflow to be adjusted to the constant and precise minimum airflow required to provide the correct pressurization/radon reduction (NO Over-ventilation)
- An indoor relative humidity controller to ensure that the radon/ventilation system does not overload the air conditioner with too much moisture during outdoor weather extremes.
- A digital radon meter with audible alarm that does not require frequent battery replacements. 120 vac powered.
Result? A set it / forget it radon /ventilation system with NO need for a new, bulky and costly dehumidifier Just change the filter every 24 months. THAT’S IT!
This is How SmartVentilation Works:
Because first class components have been unavailable, we designed and now manufacture our own, the best components in the Mechanical Ventilation / RADON business
Our R & D produced these unmatched Products:
- Near hospital-operating-room-grade air intake filter MERV 14-15
- Humidity controller to prevent mold, automatically
- Temperature controller to prevent outdoor temperture extremes from making indoors uncomfortable.
- ECM variable speed fan fully protected against moisture and salt spray
- Easily adjusted radon level control
- PIR triggered operation with full CO2 control
- Blue Boar diamond-tipped core boring rig to bore 4.5″ ventilation port through concrete exterior walls from indoors without requiring any restoration nor cleanup
#1 Air Intake Filter MERV 14-15
You wouldn’t drive your car without an engine air filter, would you?
We know you want your family to have Clean Air and clean lungs so we designed, manufacture and install the best Air Cleaning Intake Systems in the business. MERV 14-15 filters remove pollen, even smoke for 18-24 months. Attractive design delights even picky architectural committees. Your new home can become a sanctuary of good health for asthma and allergy sufferers. REMOVES RED TIDE AND BLUE-GREEN ALGAE NEUROTOXINS AND VIRUSES
What does a SmartVentilation Type III filter look like after operating for 24 months? US EPA recommends a MERV 13 filter. But to our knowledge, no such filter is available.. So we designed our own, specifying MERV 14-15 filter material and about 3 square feet of filter area packed into this little compact SmartVentilation SuperStar Filter. We will supply this Type III filter kit to any and all Florida Radon Mitigators upon request. We think that you should settle for nothing less. Don’t you agree?
Remarkably, this filter willl become radioactive with captured harmful and radioactive outdoor particles. Always wash your hands thoroughtly after servicing a filter.
You don’t want to have to service a homemade air filter every 60-90 days, do you?
But some radon systems do not have an air intake filter at all..
Here are two examples:
SmartVentilation's Type III Premium Filter
ESSENTIAL: An easy-to-service MERV 14-15 filter that removes toxic red tide and blue green algae neurotoxins, pollen, mold spores, PM2.5, bacteria, viruses, soot, WILDFIRE smoke without service for 18-24 months. Dense smoke from everglades fires reveal that you won’t even SMELL the outdoor smoke, no matter how dense it may be. That is if you keep your doors and windows closed and don’t turn on an exhaust ventilation system or clothes dryer that can overpower Daisy-created breathing zone pressurization.
Homemade, High Maintenance Filters? REJECTED!
A fresh homemade filter cut from polyester fluff. CHEAP. Unless the filter is backed with a stiffer material, the filters are often sucked into the fan leading to fan failure.
A homemade filter has about 12.5 square inches of filter area so it must be serviced every 60-90 days. A factory-made SmartVentilation Type III cone-shaped filter has over 3 square feet of MERV 14-15 quality filter material so it needs to be serviced only every 18-24 months.
A freshly-serviced homemade filter with a hog’s hair backer.to keep the filter from being sucked into the fan. Service this filter every 60-90 days.
FACT: Homemade air intake filters are almost NEVER serviced.
WHY? Because nobody ever told or reminds the occupants of the frequent homemade filter service requirement to prevent radon system failure..
#2 Fully Automatic Humidity Controller Prevents Mold
You don’t want to use a table lamp timer or manual OFF/ON switch to prevent mold from high indoor humidity would you?
ESSENTIAL: An automatic, digital Temperature / Humidity controller keeps the breathing zone dry, prevents mold and maintains occupant comfort. . . Automatically
SmartVentilation’s electronic Temperature / Humidity controller can be set to keep the breathing zone dry, comfortable and mold-free no matter what the outdoor weather may be. And you probably won’t need to install a dehumidifier.
REJECTED: Mechanical Dehumidistat
Low Accuracy cellophane and horsehair Moisture Sensing Elements degrade over time, further reducing accuracy
#3 Adjustable Radon Level. Quick, Easy, Accurate
You don’t want to have to set the 48 tabs on a table lamp time to adjust radon levels, do you?
ESSENTIAL: An accurate, easy-to-adjust and precise radon level control
Fine-tuning radon levels is easy and quick with SmartVentilation’s Radon Level control.
A jeweler’s screwdrver is inserted into a small hole. Turning the control clockwise will reduce radon by increasing system airflow. Turning the screw counter-clockwise will reduce ventilation rate. The digital radon meter will assure adjustment accuracy and immediately warn you of system failure
Table Lamp Timers? REJECTED!
SmartVentilation’s adjustable radon level control is so much easier to use (light years ahead) of the table lamp timers so commonly used in an attempt to control single speed fans and prevent high indoor relative humidity. Imagine trying to set 48 individual off/on tabs to control both relative humidity and radon level by pure guesswork.
We think a variable speed fan is a much better idea. Since there were no variable speed fans available, we designed two and have both manufactured. Both are electronically commutated (ECM) and extremely energy efficient. Daisy Ductless and Red Zephyr.
#4 Is Your Radon System Reducing Radon Month after Month, Year After Year?
ESSENTIAL: A 24/7/365 radon level meter will allow you:
- To fine-tune your radon system performance if you have a SmartVentilation Radon Level Controller
- To know on a daily basis how your radon system is performing
- To immediately be warned if things go wrong.
- To call your radon mitigator for immediate service.
Blue Oil-filled Manometer? REJECTED!
In Fresh Air Ventilation Systems, this blue oil-filled manometer will show that a fan is running by showing oil rise in one side of the U-tube..
If the radon system has an intake filter that has not been serviced and the critical airflow is blocked or restricted by the clogged filter, it will read high and indicate that the system is operating perfectly. TOTALLY WRONG as the system is not reducing radon at all because fresh air has stopped flowing.
#5 Optional CO2 Controller
- OPTIONAL: a CO2 controller can keep indoor carbon dioxide at around 600 parts per million for improved sleep and cognitive function HSPH LBNL
- Automatically adjusts Daisy ventilation rate according to changing occupancy to promote and stimulate excellent conversation (family gatherings, dinner parties)
#6 SmartVentilation Seals "Radon Fountains"
In many cases, when radon appears at levels above about 7.5 pCi/l, it means that the slab was not well-sealed during construction, and that the air conditioning system is operating to “Vacuum or Pull” radon out of the soil through the unsealed “Radon Fountain Pathways.” Sometimes difficult to locate, messy, dirty, unpleasant work. That’s why some radon mitigators just add a lot more hot, humid outdoor air. Adding more air (often hot and humid) is much easier and quicker than sealing “Radon Fountains.” BUT Sealing “fountains” may make it unnecessary to add an expensive dehumidifier later when excess hot, humid air has caused indoor humidity, moisture, and mold problems.
Filter Service? . . . Not Every 60-90 days
A Radon Mitigation / Fresh Air Filter System You won’t get tired of servicing
- MERV 14-15 air cleaning
- 18-24 months service life
- Designed by Wayne Dean
- Manufactured and installed by SmartVentilation, Inc.
We created the Type III cone-shaped filter system to replace the primitive, homemade filters that are so common. To our knowledge, some of our competitors are still installing only short life, primitive “fluff” filter that must be serviced every 60-90 days instead of every 18-24 months. (Or they don’t install a filter at all)
A Humidity Controller to prevent mold and moldy odors as well as occupant discomfort from high indoor relative humidity
Designed by Wayne Dean, manufactured and installed by SmartVentilation. Available to all radon mitigators and HVAC professionals in the USA
Wayne Dean Designed this Indoor rrelative humidity / temperature controller now manufactured by SmartVentilation. It also includes a super-easy radon level adjustment feature. All it takes to set the radon level with precision is a small jeweler’s screwdriver and a radon meter (highly recommended)..
This SmartVentilation SMART controller will deliver the dry, mold -free and comfortable indoor environment that a costly ERV promises but cannot deliver. And it will do so at a much, much lower cost. ERVs are not dehumidifiers.
In many, if not most cases, this SMART humidity controller will make a dehumidifier an unnecessary addition to a mechanical ventilation radon system. And it will do so at a much, much lower cost.
RADON If you are a home buyer in south Florida and you have encountered a radon issue RELAX. You are in the right place to learn what you need to know.
Radon Mitigation Business
Smoke / Red Tide Solution Business
FL Cert # RB2540
Radon Mitigation Specialist
FL Cert # R1878
Traffic fatalities in Collier County average about 52 per year. Lung cancer averages about 254 per year. Lung cancer is usually fatal because it is rarely discovered before it reaches stage IV and is almost untreatable
Radon is surprisingly common in South Florida, especially in high rise and low rise apartment buildings.
High Rises may have radon on every floor!
The highest radon level we have ever encountered was in a 23rd floor penthouse in Pelican Bay Boulevard. 35 picoCuries per Liter.
Radon Everywhere? In South Florida, we have learned that elevated radon can appear in any building, on any floor, even penthouses of high rise buildings. Most remarkably, the highest radon level we have encountered was a level of over 33 picoCuries in the 23rd floor penthouse of a high rise in Naples, FL. Radon is surprisingly common in south Florida multi-housing condos and apartments.
How? How did radon get there? We learned that most radon was emitted from the porous concrete blocks that were used to build the exterior walls. The emitted radon collected within the wall cavities between the blocks and the interior drywall. We also learned that it was then forcefully transported from those radon “reservoirs” and into the breathing zone by operation of the air conditioning system.
The Solutions in South Florida?
- Dilution with outdoor fresh air (humidity/mold risky)
- Pressurization of the breathing zone (humidity/mold risky)
- Direct extraction of radon from the wall cavities where it accumulates ASAPDB
- Micropressure management of unintentional air-flows within the building’s matrix
Now you know that concrete blocks are the major radon contributor, and you know why Sub Slab Depressurization that works so well elsewhere works poorly, if at all, in south Florida. Most Radon comes out of the concrete block walls, not out of the ground
Contrary to what some radon mitigation “Experts” may tell you, permits are rarely required for installation of a Daisy Ductless Radon / Fresh air System. Result? Quick completion. No permit application, no permitting delays, no permitting costs, no permitting re-inspection delays. All because of SmartVentilation’s successful, careful engineering and design.
The Daisy Ductless System was designed and engineered to be exempt from permitting. It is low voltage “Plug ‘n Play,” to save permit fees, to eliminate permit application paperwork, scheduling and re-inspection delays and inconveniences. Often, a Daisy System may be installed immediately following payment of deposit.
What kind of Radon System Fresh Air Intake Filter will you accept to keep your family’s lungs clean?
MERV 14-15 Factory Made?
MERV 2-3 HomeMade?
Automobile Manufacturers make sure that your car’s engine breathes air through an excellent air-cleaning filter
Why? So that the engine will last longer. Inhaling Dirt is bad for engines. Would you remove the air filter and drive for even a week without the engine air filter? To run your car without an air filter just doesn’t make sense, does it? Smart?
Shouldn’t your family’s lungs breathe even cleaner air than your car’s engine?
Why not insist on a filter that will remove 95% of smoke, red tide particles, outdoor air allergins, contaminants and toxins before they can come into your home? . . . and into your family’s lungs?
A MERV 14-15 filter can do it. Pollen, mold spores, smoke, PM2.5, soot, viruses, bacteria, airborne red tide and blue green algae particles, etc. Smart
You home can have a factory-made MERV 14-15 filter (95% particle removal) that is easy to service and keeps the air in your home’s breathing zone clean for 18-48 months
A factory-made, high capacity filter of excellent material needs service only every 18-48 months, not every 60-90 days. Why settle for less? Smart
Why not insist on a quick, simple way to adjust the radon level in seconds?
With most radon mitigation systems, properly adjusting the radon level is very complicated and is acomplished by burdensome trial and error!
RESULT? most systems are set to deliver excessive amounts of hot, humid outdoor air to ensure that the home passes the post mitigation clearance test. Most installations are never tuned to deliver the correct airflow rate. If the installer can’t do it, how can you expect the homeowner to do it?
An improperly tuned radon system can easily double an electric bill and create new, serious, unhealthy and costly high humidity and mold problems in this hot, humid climate.
Why not be able to adjust the radon level by turning a little screw with a jeweler’s screwdriver?
You can do it in seconds. Turn the little screw 1/4 turn or more to the right to reduce radon, back to the left to reduce ventilation. Simple, quick, accurate and effective. Smart
Humidity Controller Wall plate with sensor in black. and microprocessor / speed controller on backside. See following image displaying breathing zone’s temperature and humidity measurements in real time. Correct adjustment is super-easy with an electronic radon meter to aid in reaching a correct setting Smart
Why have to set the radon level by guessing/fumbling with 24-48 on/off tabs on a 24 hour rotating dial
Table lamp timers were designed to turn a table lamp or Christmas tree on at dusk and off at bed time. How does that relate to indoor radon levels? Is a table lamp timer acceptable to protect against the risk of lung cancer? or Mold? NOT SMART
A table lamp timer has no temperature or humidity awareness. It only keeps track of time and operates according to a time schedule. In this image, you can see that some of the tabs are depressed. How does a person know which ones or how many to depress?
Why not have an automatic humidity / mold prevention system that measures humidity and keeps it below 60% instead of just guessing at what it might be?
Why not use an electronic controller that accurately measures and controls indoor relative humidity? Automatically
An electronic humidity controller actually measures humidity minute-by-minute and then operates the radon system to to prevent high indoor humidity discomfort, mold and moldy odors? Changes in weather or season? No Problem. AUTOMATIC – you don’t have to do anything. Smart
With an automatic humidity controller, the need for a dehumidifier is greatly reduced if not eliminated
The controller is part of the SmartVentilation mold-prevention package at no additional cost
Backside of humidity / temperature controller in operation, constantly monitoring temperature and humidity and ensuring that the Daisy or Red Zephyr does not create high humidity, mold risky conditions.
Why try to use one table lamp timer to control both radon level and indoor relative humidity?
How can a table lamp timer know when indoor relative humidity is too high (above 60%) or when mold-favorable conditions are occurring? Changes in weather and season? Unplug the thing and start fumbling with the 24 or 48 OFF/ON tabs, guessing again. Or just giving up and unplugging the radon system and leaving it off. (What usually happens.) NOT SMART
Table Lamp Timers are usually installed behind a removable ceiling panel. Inconvenient as well as difficult to adjust. “Guess and Hope”
Why not insist on a system that automatically turns itself on when you are home and automatically turns itself off when you are gone? (Optional)
Minimized Risk A burglar alarm-type sensor will know when you are home, and a microprocessor will operate the radon/fresh air system for you. When you are gone, it will turn itself off after a pre-set delay of 24-60 hours. Smart
RISKY A light switch allows you to turn the system on when you are home and off when you are gone. Just don’t forget to turn it off when you leave or you may return to a mold-infested home. Read and understand the mitigator’s claim that he is not responsible if you have a mold problem. even though his installation created the mold damage. (A Lawyer will disagree with his claim) NOT SMART
You can have an electronic radon meter that tells you what your radon exposure is at all times, and which gives an immediate alarm if your radon system fails? Why not? (An after-clearance test Option delivered by mail)
An electronic, digital radon meter
It will keep you informed of what your actual radon exposure is. It will also sound an audible alarm if your radon exposure exceeds 4.0 picoCuries per liter, the US EPA Action Level. Smart
Image to right: OFF/ON by light switch, “90 day filter service required” “MOLD DAMAGE MAY OCCUR”, denial of liability for mold. “You didn’t turn the switch off.” Blue oil-filled pressure gauges should be outlawed for mechanical ventilation systems.
A blue oil-filled pressure gauge, OFF/ON light switch
It will tell you that your radon fan is running. But if airflow stops because the filter is loaded with dirt, it will give you false highest performance reading even if radon is not being reduced at all. WITHOUT WARNING. NOT SMART
SmartVentilation strongly suggests the benefits of inclusion of a CO2 controller in each radon / mechanical ventilation system
Carbon Dioxide Buildup / Exposure
Folks and pets exhale a lot of carbon dioxide as they breathe. In tight, energy-efficient homes without mechanical ventilation systems, carbon dioxide can build up above 2000 parts per million and higher. Overnight, in a bedroom, carbon dioxide may approach 3000 parts per million.
After July 1, 2017, the Florida Building Code requires all newly-permitted homes to have mechanical ventilation systems installed unless they are actually tested and found to be built to lower standards and are air leaky.
What do scientists tell us about breathing high levels of carbon dioxide?
All SmartVentilation systems (Daisy Ductless, Red Zephyr) are designed to accept the output of SmartVentilation’s IAQ controller. Both the Daisy and the Red Zephyr will maintain an indoor carbon dioxide level of around 600 parts per million in a home of up to 2000 square feet with 4 occupants. And mitigate radon too.
A Daisy Ductless installation. The Daisy is 9.25 inches long including internal Type III filter and installs FLUSH with the drywall surface. SEE Installation and filter exchange. Experience has revealed that it is much better to introduce and to temper the fresh air in a large room than to dump it into a very small air handler closet where condensation is rampant. Replacement of moist, mushy drywall in an air handler closet is burdensome, difficult and expensive. There is a better way.
SmartVentilation’s IAQ controller can analyze temperature, humidity, VOCs and CO2. It may be directly connected to a Daisy Ductless or a Red Zephyr air mover to deliver the precisely correct amount of fresh air minute-by-minute. Usually without need to install a new dehumidification system.
A ducted installation with soffit constructed to conceal the added duct. This duct is likely carrying hot, humid outdoor air to be dumped into a small, chilled air handler closet. I have seen an installation with this hot, humid air ducted into a clothes closet with a solid door. Can you imagine the moldy clothes had the owner/seller not immediately turned the radon system off and left it off? With the closet door open, the installation easily passed a short two day clearance test but was immediately turned off. The buyer had no clue.
3903 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. #11
Fort Myers, FL 33915