SmartVentilation been studying and installing radon mitigation systems in Florida, Missouri, Michigan and Georgia since 1987
We installed Energy Recovery Ventilators, . Heat Recovery Ventilators, Dehumidifying Ventilators, Dehumidifiers, SSD Sub Slab Depressurization Systems, (also called ASD Active Soil Depressurization) and all types of ventilation systems
Over the years, we invested over $24,500.00 in sophisticated laboratory-grade test equipment so that we could investigate issues, pose solutions and test our solutions.
What have we learned?
- Sub Slab Depressurization SSD, also called Active Soil Depressurization ASD works well in many cases, but it has several serious issues for which we have devised solutions.
- Pressurization/Ventilation Systems PVS with fresh air works well in many cases when the radon source is building materials or slab construction defects.however there are several very serious issues for which we have developed solutions
- Above Slab Air Pressure Differential Barrier systems ASAPDB often works well in multi housing and high rise buildings. We have developed approaches to use ASAPDB technology to mitigate radon without any of the disadvantages of other approaches.
- Block Wall Depressurization/Ventilation BWDV works well when block walls are constructed on footers instead of the floor slab surface and when the blocks themselves contain Radium 226 which emits Radon 222.
- Radon Extraction Systems REX are a new radon mitigation technology which holds promise to work well in multi housing and high rise buildings. Currently, we are testing its effectiveness.
We design and manufacture specialized products to achieve a result more favorable than the repurposing of off-the-shelf items intended for other purposes.