SmartVentilation RADON/Ventilation Technology will Keep your Family Healthy, Comfortable, Sleeping Better and Mentally Sharp
Why Should the Radon System You Choose Include Smart Features: (In South Florida, east and west coast)
- An air intake filter?
- A fully variable speed fan?
- An easy to adjust radon level control?
- Fully automatic operation?
- Occupancy sensed (ON / OFF) operation?
- A temperature / humidity controller?
- A carbon dioxide controller
- A digital radon meter with alarm
Wayne Dean introducing Fresh Air Magic by SmartVentilation, Inc.
Designed for quick, trouble-free, and affordable radon solutions in high and low rise multi housing as well as single family dwellings. 6.5 minute intro.
- Blue Boar port boring rig in action boring from indoors (any floor)
- Fitment of a Daisy Ductless fresh air / filtration module
- MERV 14-15 filter fitment / exchange from indoors and out
Daisy Ductless Radon Mitigation (high rise multi housing)
- Installs from indoors on any floor
- No new construction, no mess, no cleanup
- Installs in two hours (in and out the door)
- Introduction to Daisy Ductless and Smart Controls by David Jones of Jones Air Conditioning, Naples, FL.
- This system has operated flawlessly for 3 years and reliably maintained CO2 at 600 ppm as recommended by Harvard and LBNL Power cord now concealed within wall.
How? Years of Careful Research, Design, Testing and Attention to Detail. And Manufacture
Our unique Blue Boar port-boring rig allows a fresh air port to be completed on any floor from INDOORS without requiring any cleanup or restoration. Often in and out the door in less than two hours.
- SUPER FILTER: Excellent, long life MERV 14-15 filters (18-48 month) remove 95% of outdoor pollen, mold spores, micro particulate, PM2.5, bacteria, viruses, soot, even smoke to keep your home and your family’s lungs clear of airborne toxins and particles from out of doors even during everglades fires, airborne red tide and toxic green algae blooms. OPTIONAL 99.97% removal HEPA filter will deliver the same oxygen-rich fresh air but almost as clean as hospital operating room air. Your home can become a sanctuary of relief for asthma and allergy sufferers even during the worst pollen seasons. Quickly and easily serviced from indoors even on 20th floor.
- AUTOMATIC ON when occupied / OFF when vacant CONTROLLER: An automatic sensor “sees” occupants and keeps the system on when someone is home and turns it off 30-60 hours after they leave. Saves energy, reduces air conditioner operation, prevents mold. “You can’t forget to turn it off when you leave.”
- EASY ADJUST RADON LEVEL CONTROL: A simple, jeweler’s screwdriver adjustment makes your home’s radon level a snap to set. Clockwise reduces radon, counterclockwise reduces ventilation.
- AUTOMATIC RELATIVE HUMIDITY / TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER: A Smart micro controller constantly keeps track of indoor temperature and relative humidity and directs ventilation/filtration module operation to keep the breathing zone comfortable even during extreme outdoor conditions. Fully programmable by push buttons
- OPTIONAL CARBON DIOXIDE CONTROLLER: Automatically operates ventilation rate to maintain the 600 parts per million Carbon Dioxide level for optimal cognitive function as recommended by researchers at Harvard School of Public Health and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Better sleep too SEE
- OPTIONAL ELECTRONIC RADON METER: We think you should know what your actual radon exposure is, be able to accurately adjust system operation yourself and be warned immediately if it fails. Don’t you agree?
RADON FOUNTAINS When radon is above about 7-8 picoCuries per liter, “RADON FOUNTAINS” are likely “spewing” radon into the breathing zone through holes in the floor slab. We seal them so that excessive hot, humid outdoor air is not required. RESULT? Much less risk of mold and moldy odors. Less loading, wear and tear on air conditioner. Greater occupant comfort. “It’s the right thing to do.”
With a first class temperature/humidity controller and a properly installed/tuned radon system, you will not need an ERV, an HRV or a dehumidifier. A smart radon system will not overload or overpower an air conditioner’s ability to dehumidify even if the air conditioner dehumidification performance seriously declines. (which decline often happens as they age.)
Variable Speed, Low Voltage Fans are also our specialty. We Design, Manufacture, Install and Sell the only low voltage Variable Speed Fresh Air Fans currently available. It is Simple: They work better and they control moisture enough to avoid the need for a new dehumidifier.
SmartVentilation Fans are designed to provide the best result possible, especially in hot, humid climates where high humidity can upset an air conditioner’s performance and ability to keep the breathing zone dry and to prevent mold and moldy odors. We don’t use products designed for other purposes and try to make them work to fix radon and to prevent mold.
The Daisy Ductless was designed by me and manufactured to my specifications. The Daisy’s fan speed can be precision speed-adjusted manually and/or automatically by SmartVentilation Automatic Controllers. SmartVentilation’s electronic temperature/humidity controller controls the Daisy to keep the breathing zone dry and comfortable regardless of outdoor weather extremes. Daisies use an electronically commutated low voltage motor with infinitely variable speeds. Daisies use a honeycomb laminar airflow generator to mix indoor and outdoor air near the ceiling, unnoticed by occupants. It works beautifully. Noisy? About the same as your refrigerator. Much quieter than your air conditioner. Installs in about two hours in and out the door. Since it is exempt from permitting in many south Florida jurisdictions it may be installed and ready for testing immediately/next day without permitting costs, delays or waits for re-inspection.. Does not require any construction or restoration. Quick and Clean. And Affordable. Ideal for high rise apartments and condos. Quick (Installs while a tenant is to a two hour movie)
- The Red Zephyr and motor were designed by me and are built to my specifications. The low voltage, electronically commutated motor can be manually or automatically speed controlled to deliver air at precisely correct rates from 5 to nearly 200 cubic feet per minute. It may be controlled by a number of SmartVentilation automatic controllers. “Competing” fans operate on 120 volts and are PSC single speed but may be manually speed controlled by what is called a triac. PSC fans do not like triac speed controllers (they get hot) so I rejected them years ago. Most fan manufacturers recommend against use of triac speed controllers. I also rejected use of $6.00 table lamp timers to turn a single speed fan off and on full speed many times a day. Red Zephyr speed control can be automatic, just like cruise control in your car. Accurate and reliable. Table lamp timers operate more like controlling your car’s speed by alternately flooring your car’s accelerator and then slamming on the brakes every few miles. Variable speed is clearly a better way. Smooth, quiet and gentle on you, your nerves and your air conditioner.
- The Lotus utilizes an exterior mount variable speed 30-160 cubic foot per minute fan blowing into a 5″ duct. The entire assembly is mounted out of doors on an exterior wall. It pulls HEPA-filtered fresh air into the duct to keep everything nearly hospital operating-room clean. Service from out of doors.
- The Carnation Coming soon.
- The REX Radon Extractor Coming soon
We design and install our systems to work 24/7/356 . . . for years . . . Not just to pass a 2 Day post mitigation radon test and to rush you to the closing table.
Passing a two day radon test is extraordinarily easy. . All it takes is an open window or a fan blowing hot, humid air into the breathing zone. A TWO DAY TEST MEANS ALMOST NOTHING because it cannot and does not predict future mold and humidity problems. But it will get a buyer to the closing table. And after that, he is on his own. Some mitigators place a notice in an out-of-the way location advising that if mold occurs, they are not responsible. “Yes, I ran over your child while he was riding his tricycle in the street, but I am not responsible.” A Notice in an out-of-the-way location: “Your filter needs to be serviced every 60-90 days.” “But I never saw the notice and it was not in the contract”
The hard part is ensuring that after 6-18+ months the home does not become a mold farm with all those nasty, expensive and difficult-to correct-consequences.including property destruction, occupant allergic reactions and respiratory illnesses. SMARTVENTILATION TAKES THOSE RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES VERY SERIOUSLY. (CAN YOU TELL?) The materials of a home of 1500 to 2000 square feet can soak up an additional 5,000 to 7,500 pounds of water before mold starts to grow everywhere. Until that time, the building materials and personal property act like dehumidifiers, pulling moisture out of the excess air and until they become saturated. . . and mold starts to grow everywhere. Because of the delays in mold appearing, owners do not realize that it was the radon system that caused the mold problem instead of failure of an air conditioner that may actually be functioning perfectly. Mold would not be a problem if the radon system were properly tuned and functioning automatically,
NOTE: There are a number of apartment complexes in south Florida that were mitigated with primitive, concealed radon systems that created serious mold problems resulting in many units with mold issues and residual moldy odor problems. The crafty radon mitigators had told the owners that the air conditioners would take care of the humidity problems. These primitive, faulty, troublesome installations were permitted and apparently inspected by county building inspectors who had no radon mitigation training, knowledge testing or licensing to inspect radon mitigation systems. They still aren’t licensed to inspect or approve radon mitigation systems anywhere in Florida as of March 4, 2019..
They had installed concealed radon fresh air radon systems without filters that were operated by the air conditioner fans. No one knew they were there except county building inspectors or knew how to turn them off. The moisture/mold problem complexes were rehabbed, turned into condos and dumped. Home buyers did not know what they were getting. They were so poorly tuned and set up that operating the air conditioners automatically sucked in more hot, humid air than the air conditioners could dehumidify. The more the owners operated the air conditioners, the worse the humidity and mold problems. Guess what happened to the Fair Market Value of hundreds of converted condos in those developments.
Almost every condo sold in the complex has just been totally gutted and restored. Buyers would learn why in about 18-24 months when mold remediation and restoration would need to be done again. The insurance companies still have not caught on.
Any time an apartment complex or condo has mold issues, the first thing an owner should look for is a poorly set up and operating “dumb” radon mitigation system (without automatic “smart” controls) Some are well concealed. There are thousands of them in south Florida. And they are still making adults, children and pets sick and miserable as they continue to operate undetected and undiscovered.
IMPORTANT – We always seal the “radon fountains” if radon is above about 7-8 picoCuries per liter. WHY? If radon fountains are sealed, excessive hot, humid outdoor air is not required. RESULT? Much less risk of mold and moldy odors. Less loading, wear and tear on air conditioner.
I am often available to answer questions during normal business hours and later.
You may fill out the form to the right and submit it
If you think you may have a mold problem, call me before it gets worse. Together, we may be able to nip it in the bud and at almost no cost at all.
You may reach me at 239 571-2227