Radon Mitigation in High Rise Condos and Apartments
A recent upload to YouTube that provides insights for high value property decision-makers including major ticket mortgage lenders and liability underwriters.as well as for new home buyers concerned about their family’s health, safety, comfort and cognitive function.
Radon Mitigation in Florida Condos, Apartments and Homes
Radon Mitigation in Florida Hot, Humid Climate (for home buyers)
Insist that the Contractor describe, show you, and demonstrate operation and filter maintenance of the Mechanical Ventilation Components that he will install
- In the event radon levels are above about 7-9 picoCuries per liter insist that the mitigator address any possible “Radon Fountains” that should be sealed to block radon entry and describe in writing how he intends to do it.
- Insist on an easy to adjust radon system that allows you to control the radon level within acceptable limits. Insist that he show you how the adjustment is accomplished
- Insist on a long life, first class factory-made fresh air filter. Do not accept a homemade filter that must be serviced every 60-90 days from the top of an 8-foot stepladder.
- Insist on electronic automatic indoor relative humidity control. Do not accept a manually operated OFF/ON light switch or an extension cord you must unplug and plug in again depending upon the time of day and the season. Do not accept a low accuracy mechanical dehumidistat or humidistat to prevent high humidity and mold. Do not accept a difficult-to-adjust Christmas tree or table lamp timer to turn the radon system on and off a number of times each day in an effort to prevent mold.
- Insist that he accept liability for any mold or moisture issues that his system may cause (In hot, humid climates, mechanical ventilation systems can easily and often do create new and serious mold problems) Make sure that he does not post an out-of-sight disclaimer that he is not responsible for any mold problems that his fresh air RADON system may cause
- Insist on your use of an electronic radon meter as showing that radon reduction averages less than 4.0 picoCuries per liter for a period of at least 12 months following installation.
- Beware any radon fresh air system that reduces radon to below 2.5 to 2.0 picoCuries per liter. Mold and moisture-causing radon systems will create mold and comfort nightmares. Radon below 1.5? It is just a matter of time before you have serious mold problems from over-ventilation. Too much fresh air and moisture.
This site is under construction
It may receive daily additions and editing
We hope that you come back again soon.
Lots more coming.
We invite you to learn the benefits of SmartVentilation’s
Fully Automatic Fresh Air Systems (that Think and Act Wisely)
All Indoor Air Quality issues can be solved with Smart Solutions:
Radon, Mold, Moldy Odors, Carbon Dioxide, PM2.5 , VOCs, Acrolein, Humidity, Dust, Dirt, Smoke, Ozone, Lead Dust, Agricultural Chemical Aerosols, Bacteria, Viruses, Asthma and Allergy Triggers, Dust Mites, Cognitive Function and Alzheimer’s